Senior CNC Machinist (CNC Machinist II) (Stafford, TX) HR9-00078
Senior CNC Machinist – Manufacturing: Setup and machine parts to engineering drawings using CNC Lathes and other equipment, as determined by manufacturing engineering and/or supervisor, in a safe and efficient manner. Attention to detail and quality are essential in this individual.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Machine Operations
• Set Up and operate CNC machines according to procedures, programs, and engineering drawings.
• Ability to setup and machine first-run jobs with little or no supervision. Must communicate program, tooling, or setup issues back to programming department for resolution.
• Understanding of CNC G-code format and ability to decipher intent of program prior to running.
• Knowledge of and ability to use all associated precision measuring instruments required for ensuring parts meet tolerances prior to submitting to quality for inspection.
• Knowledge in machining of multiple types of materials including, but not limited to: Stainless Steels, Nickel-Alloys, Copper-Nickel Alloy, Super Duplex, Inconel grades, and various other high-temp alloys.
• Knowledge of tooling types, geometries, grades, and tool holders.
• Manage tooling configuration (turret/magazine) to reduce redundant setup and maintain efficiency.
• Troubleshoot machining issues to determine if issue requires a change in tooling, program, or if machine requires maintenance.
• Support and assist with machine PM program as required.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Read and understand Hunting Quality Manual.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
• Responsible for dimensional and quality conformance of machined parts.
• Assist in the backing up of programs to centralized database as required.
• Suggest changes to process to improve quality and efficiency of operations.
3. ERP System Utilization
• Daily clocking of manufacturing activity to keep accurate records of setup and production times.
4. Company Policies and Procedures
• Complete all responsibilities in a timely and professional manner while maintaining quality and confidentiality.
• Employee will be responsible for keeping work area(s) safe, clean, and organized.
• Complete all assigned safety and job specific training.
• Must wear designated PPE at all times and adhere to Hunting Safety guidelines and procedures.
• To perform in this position successfully, an individual must be able to complete all areas outlined above for this position in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements of this position.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent. Basic computer skills are required.
• Work Experience – 5 years minimum experience in CNC Lathe setup and operation Multi-spindle and multi-turret experience preferred. Ability to read and understand engineering drawings. Commitment to high quality standards and attention to detail. Interpret machine G-code and understand multi-axis machine movement.
• Work Environment – This position will require working in a Production Floor environment with non-hazardous noise levels. Air conditioned and heated climate controlled facility. Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds. Frequent planned and unplanned overtime.
Multi-spindle turning is desired
20 April 2020Apply for this vacancy