Technical Sales - Instruments HR7-00207
Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints. This excludes individuals whose duties are primarily installation, sales, or repair. Acts as liaison for customers between distribution centers and manufacturing.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Partners with Sales Manager to develop and recommend strategic sales plans for the Instrument Product Line.
Conducts Customer Visits and prepares / submits a Customer Contact Report within 3 days of the meeting outlining what was discussed, identifying attendees, and establishing action / follow up plans.
Identifies and calls on customers who have been dormant for a period of 6 months or longer to determine why they are no longer purchasing from us and to try to regain their business.
Prepares sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Attends training and becomes very knowledgeable about our products and their application. Keeps abreast of new products along with their part numbers, description, and function.
Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Compiles and maintains customer lists with the contact person including phone numbers, addresses, hierarchy, and other contacts within that company.
- Responds to quote requests by compiling prices, credit terms, delivery dates, and other data as required by the customer in a professional manner.
- Responds to customers who fall behind on their payments to the company and ensures that follow-up sales calls are made to provide every opportunity to collect such payment.
- Responds to customer requests, complaints, questions, changes, and concerns regarding their order either directly or partnering with the Technical Services team to ensure appropriate and timely resolution.
- Places correct and detailed sales orders into the computer system so the sale will be processed correctly and in a timely manner.
Entertains the customers including lunches, dinners, and other social events while keeping within the guidelines of the company policies and procedures.
- Travels to customer district locations for sales calls, visits, training, entertainment, troubleshooting, or to respond to complaints
Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
Delivers sales presentations in a professional manner using PPT, product demonstration, and/or public speaking; may or may not partner with Technical Services team for these presentations.
- Adheres to all company safety standards, policies, and procedures.
Employee may occasionally work around packaged explosives. This involves handling packaged/boxed explosives as well as instructing customers in the proper use, storage and transportation of these explosives.
Office environment with occasional exposure to manufacturing environments
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of relevant industry experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess excellent telephone skills.
- Must possess excellent written / verbal communication and customer service skills with entry up to executive level.
- Maintain professional appearance, attitude, and behavior.
- Able to manage and work with people in a harmonious way to accomplish the tasks assigned to this positon.
- Must possess the ability to publicly speak and conduct meetings using tools such as PPT, etc.
- Must possess excellent organization and leadership skills and be familiar with terminology used in and around the business community.
- Identifies potential sales leads through customer usage scenarios to Product Management and Sales Manager.
- Coordinates support issues for account management with Technical Service Team.
- Provides regular reports for management that measure effectiveness of the technical support function.
- Directs, supports, and motivates the support teams to provide the highest quality service.
- Manages workflow, staffing, and schedules to meet operational goals, as agreed upon with management and in accordance to budget.
- Be the “go to” person for answers.
- Build professional internal and external relationships that maintain company’s core values.
- Able to learn and become proficient with software used for quoting, inventory, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and record that conforms to company’s insurance policies, ATF, DOT and State of other required Hazmat training.
Knowledge of Cased-Hole Oilfield operations is a plus.
Must be familiar with terminology used in and around the industry.
- Must not have any personal or legal domestic or international travel restrictions.
- Able to travel to and from customer locations.
- Able to travel approximately 50% of the time.
Be self-motivated and have excellent organizational, customer service, and planning skills
Possess strong communication skills – public speaking, presentation (oral / written).
Discretion with sensitive financial, customer, and other business related information.
30 September 2021Apply for this vacancy