Sr. Electrical Design Engineer - HOUSTON HR7-00109
Plan and design products. Responsible for organizing highly complex activities for the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of engineering products.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage projects from design to commercialization.
- Interacts with customers to define design criteria and develop product designs.
- Designs electronic circuits for use in downhole Geophysical Well Logging and Perforating Tools.
- Researches and analyzes data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Develops creative design concepts and estimates labor and hardware costs to provide information for management decisions.
Provides technical support to manufacturing and final assembly as it relates to mechanical and electronic systems.
Oversees failure analysis of electronic components.
- Coordinates fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
- Designs effective measuring techniques for corporations products that adhere to corporate quality specifications and all references to industry standards
- Designs and evaluates for effectiveness, ease of use, set up, and repair
- Contributes to business strategy discussions
Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods
Provides sustaining engineering support services to enhance product quality both electronically and mechanically and to increase productivity.
Responds to customer inquiries via such methods as phone, through on-line networks, and/or in person.
Plans, schedules, and makes periodic customer visits for the purpose of providing technical support, making sales calls to customers.
Communicates with customers and provides training to help them better understand how to use the product properly, safely, effectively, and productively.
Produces written operation and maintenance documentation and manuals.
Communicates with company officers, department heads, and others as necessary to make the company aware of customer problems and help with the company's response to problems.
Completes, maintains, and processes pertinent paperwork and records.
Assists division electrical engineer as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
A. Education and Training
- High School Diploma or the equivalent is required
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent is required. MS Degree or higher preferred.
- Minimum ten years of relevant industry experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an Engineering role in an oilfield downhole products company.
- Manufacturing experience in a perforating organization a plus.
- Project Management preferred.
C. Technical Requirements
- Excellent technical writing ability
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong understanding of Analog, Digital and Microprocessor circuits
- Able to interface with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Able to provide improvement to processes as required.
D. Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
- Must have a valid driver’s license and record that conforms to company’s insurance policies.
- Project Management
- Must possess good organizational and leadership skills and be familiar with terminology used in and around the business community.
- Must be able to recognize and be discreet with sensitive financial, personnel, and other business related information.
- Must have the ability to manage and work with people in a harmonious way to accomplish the task assigned to this position.
F. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. (These vision requirements relate to obtaining a valid driver’s license and recognizing current Hazmat warning labels that are color coded.)
G. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
30 March 2018Apply for this vacancy