Maintenance Manager - Milford HR7-00239
Supervises and coordinates with management and production supervisors the activities of the maintenance technicians engaged in the daily routines of maintaining the company’s manufacturing equipment as well as the buildings and grounds. Performs various mechanical job duties in relation to repairing, replacing, installing and/or moving equipment. Must correspond with all departments involved in any maintenance needs. At all times, must comply with safety and quality policies and procedures and notify management when they become aware of non- conformances.
Work will be performed in an explosives manufacturing environment (i.e. Class 2, Div 1explosives). This position requires on-site presence and regular attendance to perform the essential duties.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages maintenance department and assists with the hiring, training and supervision of Maintenance Technicians.
- Develops and outlines a program for continuous improvement for the maintenance department including a PM program.
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring facility utilities and implementing energy savings initiatives.
- Acts and performs as an interface between maintenance, manufacturing, contractors and engineering.
- Assists in the specification for production equipment and the selection, purchase and installation into the facility.
- Manages and oversees capital projects.
- Performs various mechanical job duties in relation to repairing, replacing, installing and/or moving equipment.
- Monitors contractor safety performance and when assigned, coordinates contractor activities.
- Evaluates long term needs in relation to major projects and property improvements and reports suggestions to upper management.
- Abides by and enforces the company’s policies for all maintenance employees.
- Supports and encourages the maintenance employees in order to maintain department morale and develops a strong and positive work relationship.
- Utilizes the maintenance CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) to generate and track preventative maintenance schedules, repair, equipment modification and new installation work orders thus building an easily accessible equipment history maintained in the CMMS and hard copy files. These records may be audited by ISO and must be consistent.
- Oversees that all jobs are processed and examined fully after repairs, replacements and installations.
- Promptly responds to equipment failures, troubleshoot, repair and prove in order to return equipment to service.
- Documents problems, troubleshooting technique, repair procedure and result in order to educate fellow maintenance employees should the circumstance repeat.
- Completes all applicable paperwork for the department as necessary.
- Works closely with purchasing agents to track and accrue the repair parts and supplies needed to maintain the facility.
- Scopes repair work orders for time and materials needed to complete the task.
- Provides general maintenance of buildings and grounds.
- A continuing effort to gain knowledge in the trades necessary to execute prompt and reliable service to increase the efficiency of the maintenance department.
- Other duties as assigned
- A. Education and Training
- High school diploma or the equivalent is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Ten (10) years maintenance experience.
- B. General Requirements
- Background in managing personnel a plus.
- Experience in planning and scheduling work priorities, materials and available man hours.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Strong “hands-on” mechanical aptitude and ability.
- Able to utilize time wisely to complete tasks.
- Provides adequate response time for requests.
- Maintains clear written records of activities.
- Maintains a clean work area that is neat and professional looking.
- Experience with a CMMS (computerized maintenance management system), writing, programming PM schedules to generate in a timely manner, general work orders, parts inventory, employee data, vendor information, account codes, equipment codes, generate equipment cost reports (parts and labor), general computer data entry in order to document repair task procedure history.
- A. Technical Requirements / Skills
- Able to provide service and repair to the equipment, buildings and grounds as required.
- Automation maintenance experience required.
- Strong understanding of electronics.
- Strong background in programming and troubleshooting latter logic-based controls.
- Strong background in robotics.
- History of managing maintenance inventory.
- Must be experienced and proficient in all following areas:
o Welding, cutting, brazing, HVAC, Pneumatic Equipment, Hydraulic power systems, electrical wiring up to 480 volt and Computer controlled mechanical systems.
- Able to operate and maintain heavy equipment (backhoe, crane, sky-lift, forklift, etc.)
- Passionate about safety for self and others in the company.
- Able to self-motivate, multi-task and work independently.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage strong personalities.
- Able to work with and communicate with all management team members, production workers and technicians, as well as both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Able to read blueprints and schematics.
- Strong understanding of hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and electrical systems, manufacturing processes and materials.
- Finds and utilizes contractors for work beyond normal abilities at facility.
- Takes initiative to learn and increase knowledge of mechanical equipment.
- D. Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
- Must have a valid driver’s license and record that conforms to company’s insurance policies, ATF, DOT, and State or other required Hazmat training.
- Must meet Hunting Titan/OSHA fork truck driver license requirements.
- E. Work Authorization / Security Clearance:
- Able to meet ATF & regulatory security requirements.
- Must be US citizen, or lawful permanent resident of the United States (student Visa does not qualify), in accordance with ATF regulations.
31 May 2023Apply for this vacancy