The Health, Safety and Environmental Facility Technician is responsible to and shall be held accountable for the performance of all assigned duties by the HS&E Manager. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He / she is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other directly related appropriate duties directed by the facility Operations
Under general supervision of the HS&E Manager, the HS&E Facility Technician will:
- Encourage and promote a strong safety culture within the facility by ensuring implementation of HS&E procedures and programs
- Maintain a strong presence on the production floor to provide guidance and coaching to all employees and contractors regarding the HS&E program and policy interpretation
- Participate in HS&E policy and program development/enhancement
- Ensure required PPE is always available for employees and contractors on the facility premises
- Assist as needed in incident investigations and the gathering of related documentation
- Assist in the completion of HS&E compliance audits required by Hunting’s HS&E Management System
- Conduct daily visual inspections of the facility to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, identify hazards and address any areas of concern regarding Health, Safety, and environmental impacts
- Inspect and maintain HS&E equipment, including fire extinguishers, safety eye wash stations, first aid kits, AEDs, and Emergency Spill Kits
- Assist with maintaining an updated SDS database/SDS Books for the facility.
- Ensure equipment, tooling, and the shop areas are in safe working condition.
- Conduct HS&E meetings as needed on approved topics provided by the HS&E Manager
- Aid where needed in the creation of Job Safety Analysis for each job description and/or perform documented training with applicable personnel on the overview
- Perform and/or assist in required HS&E documented training for all personnel and contractors in accordance with Hunting, OSHA, and ISO 14001/ISO 45001 requirements.
- Formulate corrective or preventive actions and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented for any non-conformances identified during facility audits/inspections
- Manage recordkeeping for environmental compliance in areas such as air, water, & waste
- Assist in the handling of non-hazardous/hazardous waste disposal in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Keep close communications with HS&E Supervisors and operations team including daily interaction and regular safety discussions on HS&E related items.
- Participate in the establishing of annual Objectives and Targets and ensuring completion of these targets.
- Participate in the organization of safety initiatives and events in the facility to promote a culture of safety first.
- The HS&E Manager may delegate all duties to any qualified assistant; however, delegation does not relieve the HS&E Manager of the final responsibility.
Education and Training
Minimum High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in MS Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and data entry applications
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; safety acumen and interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to establish positive work relationships and ability to engage with employees to educate and comply with safety policies/procedures.
- Ability to apply strong work ethics and integrity on the job.
- Authorized to work for any employer in the United States.
Technical Requirements / Skills
- 1-3 years of work and/or school knowledge of HS&E fundamentals is a plus, preferably in a manufacturing capacity.
- OSHA 10-hour General Industry through In-house training and Certification
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental fundamentals and best practices
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations
Work Authorization / Security Clearance
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Able to meet ATF & regulatory security requirements
This job description has been approved by all levels of management.