Distribution Center Supervisor HR7-00148
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers concerning receiving, storing, inventory control issues, and shipping materials. Assist the Distribution Center Management in consistently maintaining the standard operating procedures of all Distribution Center operations.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees the Distribution Center Assistants and their responsibilities.
- Assists in the development of proficient operations of M2M operating systems.
- Assists in the proficient operations of all inventory issues.
- Assists in planning layout of stockroom, warehouse, and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
Advises employees on care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock..
- Studies records and recommends remedial actions for reported non-usable, slow moving, and excess stock.
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to assist in determining adequacy of stock levels.
- Schedules ATF regulated inventory for magazines.
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Assist in determining work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Assist in assigning duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Assures all repackaged material is properly labeled according to ATF & DOT regulations.
- Communicates with customers on the phone and responds to questions about proper use of Hunting Titan equipment, material availability, and other question/comments that the customer may have.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or the equivalent is preferred.
- Two years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two years warehouse experience.
- Meets all responsibilities and job requirements of the Warehouse Assistant.
Able to interface with both technical and non-technical personnel.
Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Able to communicate effectively with coworkers, management, customers, vendors, and the general public.
Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Able to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Able to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Able to provide improvement to processes as required.
Basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of Shipping and Receiving materials.
Must be familiar with and follow OSHA, ATF, DOT, and Hunting Titan policy and procedures.
Must have a valid driver’s license and record that conforms to company’s insurance policies, ATF, DOT, and State of other required Hazmat training.
Must be able to obtain forklift operator license.
1 May 2019Apply for this vacancy