Desktop Support Tech I - Milford - HR7-00006
Acts as first responder for all IT submitted issues through a help desk for all company locations. This position requires on-site presence and regular attendance to perform the essential duties.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluates, prioritizes and executes multiple task requests from employees and management for technology assistance on hardware, desktop operating systems, business software, and personal devices.
- Accurately records, tracks and documents help desk service requests to final resolution using established systems.
- Assesses nature of technical issues to determine appropriate actions via desk-side or remote assistance.
- Prepares progress reports and updates management on status of problems\projects on a regular basis.
- Performs installation, OS deployments, configuration, and upgrade tasks regularly.
- Performs PC hardware and software repairs.
- Carries out various IT projects\tasks submitted by management.
- Manages assigned projects.
- Minimum five years of relevant industry experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- IT Cerifications preferred.
Highly self-motivated and directed.
Keen attention to detail.
Excellent customer service skills.
Strong verbal communication skills.
Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
Able to multi-task and work independently.
Able to handle fast paced workflows.
Thorough understanding of tools and methods for local and remote troubleshooting of problems.
- Strong proficiency in Windows desktop operating systems, mainstream business applications, troubleshooting tools and system maintenance.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems (Windows XP, Windows 7).
- Communicate effectively with support staff and end users.
- Strong Microsoft Office 365 skills from usage to troubleshooting, as well as, deployment skills.
- Strong Microsoft networking to include Active Directory, Security, DNA, Share permissions, etc.
22 February 2021Apply for this vacancy