Draft and/or design hardware assemblies and components for downhole oilfield logging and perforating equipment. Responsible for organizing activities for the design, development and maintenance of these products.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Interacts with Engineers to define design drafting criteria and produce drawings to design specifications required.
- Develops detailed design drawings to provide information for manufacturing.
- Develops assembly drawing and part list documentation for tool assembly.
- Researches and analyzes data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Supports engineering in prototyping and testing of new products
Supports manufacture of products and process optimization.
- Assists in failure analysis of mechanical components.
- Provides technical support to manufacturing and final assembly as it relates to mechanical systems.
- Designs and evaluates for effectiveness, ease of use, set up, and repair.
Assists in developing, evaluating, and improving manufacturing methods.
Assists in transition of products from development to production
Adheres to all safety standards and requirements
Other duties as assigned.
This position requires on-site presence to perform the essential duties.
A. Education and Training
- High School diploma or the equivalent is required.
- Associates or B.S. Degree a plus in Mechanical Engineering related studies is preferred
- Minimum relevant industry experience or equivalent combination of education and experience as defined in section B
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a mechanical design/drafting role.
Manufacturing experience in an oilfield logging & perforating organization.
D. Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
- A valid driver’s license and record that conforms to company’s insurance policies, ATF, DOT, and State of other required Hazmat training.
E. Work Authorization / Security Clearance:
Able to meet ATF & regulatory security requirements.
Must be US Citizen, or lawful permanent resident of the United States (student Visa does not qualify).
31 May 2019Apply for this vacancy