Ballistics Technician - Milford HR7-00189
Supports engineering in the manufacture, assembly and testing of explosives. This position requires on-site presence and regular attendance to perform the essential duties.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Uphold a culture of Safety and Quality while performing daily tasks.
- Follow all federal, state, local and company rules and/or regulations for transportation, storage, handling and use of any hazardous material.
- Must at all times comply with HSE and quality policies and procedures and are responsible to speak up when they become aware of non-conformances.
- Must continuously “stop and think” about the safety implications of any activity or procedure prior to acting.
- Upholds business ethics and demonstrates professionalism and industry leadership during interactions with all visitors including customers and vendors.
- In conjunction with their supervisor, work to develop their skillsets and gain experience through measurable objectives which prepare them for new opportunities to contribute.
- Work on New Product Development, Sustaining Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering tasks to aid in the design, development, testing and manufacturing of explosive devices.
- Provide support to HSE, Quality, Compliance, Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing, Supply Chain and other business units as required.
- Learns and performs tasks/tests with energetic materials, components and assemblies, under guidance of supervisor following detailed test procedures. Tasks can include:
Explosive component testing (Shaped Charges, Power Charges, Detonators, etc.)
Explosive system testing (Perforating guns, Setting tools, etc.)
Regulatory test (UN, DOT)
API standard tests (Section 1, 2, 3, 5 & 6)
- Acquires knowledge and techniques of assembling components and tools.
- Gains an understanding of product application.
- Utilizes measuring instruments and documents test data, observations and results accurately.
- Has proficiency in using computer hardware and software to aid in the instrumentation of tests and documentation of results.
- Safely operates and assures maintenance and calibration of machinery and equipment required for testing.
- Develops relevant fabrication skills for the creation or repair of test assemblies.
- Maintains R&D explosive magazines and logbooks, in accordance with ATF regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or the equivalent is required.
- Associate degree (two-year) in Engineering, Science or equivalent military explosives experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable in OSHA safety regulations, ATF & DOT explosives, transportation, storage and documentation requirements.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in safe procedures for arming explosive devices, and relevant sections of API RP-67, Recommended Practices for Oilfield Explosives Safety.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in relevant aspects of perforating gun assembly, operating procedures, and explosive safety. Can properly use measuring devices and make precise measurements using micrometers, calipers and weight scales.
- Microsoft Office Products (Word and Excel), able to manipulate photos in software and learn SolidWorks.
- Must be able to read, write and understand operating, safety and test procedures.
- Must be very observant and detail oriented.
- Accurately report test results and findings clearly and concisely.
28 May 2021Apply for this vacancy