Mechanical Engineer HR1-00017
The job holder, working with HESWI Engineering, will support the Slick Line product portfolio for existing and new products, systems and processes.
The job holder is responsible for supporting and assisting in the development of the Slick Line product line in line with the Company’s strategic objectives, including assisting in the implementation of Engineering processes and improvements. The job holder, in conjunction with product line subject matter experts, is responsible for supporting staff in all technical matters.
This requires strong organizational and analytical skills in order to manage a high workload and meet strict deadlines. The job holder will need to have effective cross functional management and organisational skills with a strong focus on customer service.
This position carries a high degree of responsibility and ownership with risk management being an integral part of the job.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Cooperative work with the Engineering Department for Well Intervention, ensuring departmental procedures are current, maintained, and adhered to
- Managing priorities within the business to ensure milestones/delivery timescales are achieved
- Review and implement improvement requests when appropriate. Asses the current Product Portfolio for Obsolescence Assessment
- Supporting operational management system to ensure business is conducted in an orderly and efficient manner and that client requirements are met.
- Supporting production Project Managers with implementation and completion of Engineering Change Notices, Concessions and Non-Conformity Reports; helping to develop the systems, record trends and analyse the results
- Project managing new product design and development; from concept, through detail design to field testing and commercialisation
- Monitoring projects with the Production Project Managers keeping in line with Job Priorities to ensure completion on time and within budget
- Reviewing of projects, to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Carrying out of design and technical Reviews, to ensure the smooth and on time delivery of reliable products
- Manufacturing Interface: consider practicality of manufacture and operation of designs
- Contributing to the development of the Hunting brand by ensuring that products are differentiated from our competition and have inherent added value (Product Reputation)
- Adhering to ISO 9001 for all aspects of design and product development
- Employees are expected to work whatever reasonable hours are necessary to meet the requirements of their job – these may be out with normal working hours.
- Promoting Hunting Health and Safety policies, and communicate effective awareness of the risks and hazards to all personnel and maintain controls necessary for their safety and that of others
- Performing all duties in accordance with the Company’s Quality Procedures and work Instructions in order to deliver and maintain the highest standards of quality for all products and services
- Developing self within role and participate in and develop from training and developmental activities assigned to oneself
- Understanding Hunting’s service and product offerings
- Establishing self as a subject matter expert with customer and expert in designated technical/professional discipline
- Creating and maintaining good working relationships
- Understanding and using of the correct reporting lines
- Employees are expected to work whatever reasonable hours are necessary to meet the requirements of their job
- Travel may be required on an ad hoc basis, so a degree of flexibility is required
- Ad hoc duties as reasonably required from time to time.
Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5 years industry experience (Slick Line Products highly preferred)
Technical and Engineering experience within the Well Service Sector of the Oil and Gas Industry
Knowledgeable about applicable Manufacturing Techniques and Engineering Practices
Substantial experience of engineering system and standards development
IT literate and competent in the use of standard, Microsoft based, software
Experience and working knowledge with SolidWorks and/or Inventor software
Excellent communication (both written and oral), influencing and interpersonal skills
Solid understanding of the product life cycle
Driver's License Texas Class C
30 November 2020Apply for this vacancy